Membership of the Society includes; Serving Employees of any of the ExxonMobil and its affiliates/subsidiaries in Nigeria (MPN, ESSO, EEPNL, etc.) and a contributor to the fund of the Society; and Former Employees of ExxonMobil and its affiliate in Nigeria (MPN, ESSO, EEPNL, etc.).
PROCOOP seeks to improve its members’ welfare through other services such as commodity sales, online shopping, housing schemes, trade fairs/exhibitions, etc.
Objectives of the Society include
- The objectives of the Society are to promote the economic interests of its members and especially.
- To encourage investment spirit in members of the cooperative by sourcing for investible funds for members through the cooperative.
- To raise capital for the achievement of its objectives.
- To partner with other corporate entities for sourcing funds, investments, or other financial activities for the purpose of generating income for members and the cooperative and affiliate with such Secondary or Apex Co-operative Societies as may encourage and promote the above objectives.
- To acquire movable and immovable properties of any description either as assets of the Society or for distribution, supply or sale to members.
- To engage in any other economic or social activity as may be approved by the general meeting of the members.
- To inculcate the habit of savings by members in other to enable all members build up funds for his/her future use.
- To encourage fixed deposits from members out of which a fund may be established for giving short-term loans to members and non-members.
- To stock consumers and producers goods for distribution to members and non-members.
- To undertake, where practicable, the production or manufacture of such consumers-or/and producers goods for distribution to members and non-members.
- To promote Cooperative spirit among the members, to work for the improvement of local educational and living standards and to encourage the development of Cooperative Movement in Akwa Ibom State of Nigeria and Nigeria at large.